Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nothing On MY Own

If there were an award for failures I would be in the running for it; ultimately I would lose because a failure never wins.

Before I get any phone calls or emails asking me what is wrong, let me explain.

It has been a long time since I have done anything exceptionally well. Honestly, it has been many moons since the last time I could say that I did anything above average. I am not an expert at anything, nor can I claim any particular skill set.

I fail constantly; as a husband, a father, a sibling, a friend, and as a co-worker. I do things half-way and even the completed half is not very good.

I drop the ball more than Braylon Edwards did in Cleveland. I am not a good leader and am marginally better as a follower.

I can’t do anything on my own.

That’s the point.

I am ready to turn it over. I am ready to let God lead and teach me how to follow.

I am ready to stop living for myself and start living for Christ. I need God.

I also need Miranda. She’s my best friend and my one true supporter. She doesn’t hesitate to tell me when what I’m doing doesn’t make sense; yet, she’ll support me if I choose to be ignorant.

I don’t deserve Miranda anymore than I deserve grace.

Both are a gift from God.

I’m tearing up the pages from the story of my life that I have written so far.

It is time to rewrite my story. Luckily, this time I’ll have help.

I can’t do anything on my own…. And I am more than happy about that.

1 comment: