Pages

Friday, February 06, 2015

58.11 There's Always Tomorrow


We all procrastinate from time to time.  Some more than others.


I am one of the "some" who does it more than others.  I trick myself into thinking that tomorrow is the day I get things together.  Tomorrow is the day I turn it all around.


"I could do it today, but I'll start earlier tomorrow and have more time to do a better job".

"I do my best work in the (insert time of day here), so there's no point in doing that now".

"It won't take me anytime to get that done, so I'll save that for later".

I am so over this.

Waiting until tomorrow means I might miss out an opportunity today.  Putting of basis household chores until later only stresses out the wife... and sets up an expectation of being underwhelmed for the future.

If God cannot trust me with a day's worth of "to dos", how can He use me for anything past today?

It can feel overwhelming at the bottom of mountain looking up, but once you make it to the top you can feel proud that you accomplished what you set out to do.

This post is part of a blog series called "The 58 Degree Perspective" based on my original blog post "The 58 Degree Perspective".

No comments:

Post a Comment