Pages

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Don't Call it Babysitting

Miranda started working six days this week; something we have grown accustomed to every January. As a result, every Saturday it will jut be me and the kids.

In addition to taking care of Maleah and Alex, I have to help take care of the house.  So, today I managed to:

  • Get the kids dressed (by noon-ish)
  • Make breakfast/lunch for the kids
  • Load the dishwasher
  • Do three loads of laundry - washed, dried and (partially) put away
  • "Clean up" some
I think I managed things pretty well, but I can almost hear a collective sigh and a sarcastic hand clap coming from every mother/wife that reads this.  Oh, and I almost forgot... I'll get an eye roll and a "so what?"

"So what?" indeed.  Today I accomplished something that Miranda does all of the time. More specifically, every Friday she was off with the kids she managed to:
  • Get the kids dressed (long before noon)
  • Make breakfast/lunch for the kids
  • Load the dishwasher (and put them away)
  • Do three loads of laundry - washed, dried and (completely) put away
  • Clean up... a lot
Wives should never have to pat their husbands on the back for something they themselves do all of the time.  If husbands (myself included) did these things more often, we would get more time with our wives.  If you don't want more time with your wives... well, that's another problem for another time all together.

I love my wife and appreciate everything she does.  She's an amazing woman; though she doesn't think so.

If we husbands could just take some time out of the evening (turn off the TV) and pitch in.  You will be shocked how much smoother the evening goes.

Oh, and I don't call taking care of my kids "babysitting".  Not when it is my own children... and especially since Miranda stopped paying me to do it. :)

On a side note... if anyone has tips on how to not pile stuff up on any available surface in the house, as well as drop your clothes right where you change them, that would be a great help!

No comments:

Post a Comment