Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

No longer is it a children's song.

It is an aches and pains anthem. I'd wave the banner, but I couldn't hold in the air for very long.

When did I become an 80 year old man?

I am seriously out of shape. We played a "quick" game of Ultimate Frisbee at Brooke's house Sunday (Happy Birthday Brooke!). I was desperately gasping for air. I played as hard as I would have played 10 years ago... which is apparently the last time I exerted any energy.

I also played two games of Cornhole... which one would think is not physically taxing.

I woke up this morning with sore knees, wobbly muscles and an aching back. That would have been great if I were playing tackle football instead of "Extreme Frisbee" and Cornhole.

Am I just getting older... or horribly out of shape. At 28 I would hope that the latter is the case.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/24/2009

    Maybe you should try the "Head,Shoulders,Knees and Toes" for real with Maleah everyday! I will bet after a week or two, your muscles will be feeling a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke8/26/2009

    it can be a new series of the bobSHOW, "Wake up & Stretch, feat. BOB"

    ReplyDelete