Pages

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Random Passing Thoughts, Iss. 9

I didn't make a blog post yesterday. Was it because I was crying over the Buckeyes losing the title game? Not hardly. I'm more upset about the writer's strike keeping The Office from making new episodes than I am over the loss. Some observations from the last couple of days:

People mock what they don't understand. The Buckeyes having a great football team and are consistently one of the best in the country. Why non-OSU fans (and non-LSU fans for that matter) feel the need to trash the Buckeyes is beyond me. Even people who root for bad, bad, bad football teams do it. I guess those who can't root, reproach.

Yeah, we lost. I'd rather lose to a great team in the best bowl game than lose to a bad team in a lousy one.

We are THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY. What is people's problem with that? That's the school's official name. It is "The Ohio State University". Why then is it not TOSU instead of OSU? Because we're not stupid. You never include the word "the" when abbreviating something. Duh-er.

Enough of all of that....

I say the words "idiot" and "moron" way too much. In fact saying it once a week is one time too many. I know where I get it from, but that doesn't make it easy to stop. I am trying though.

I'm also too quick to judge people. Is Tom Cruise crazy? Should the fact that he is into Scientology make him crazy? Maybe he just wants to "belong". Does jumping on Oprah's couch make him crazy? Maybe he was actually in love. I don't agree with him on almost anything, but he's a person too.

Difficult people in your life? Everyone has them. Tips on dealing with them.... I'm waiting. Oh, you thought I had the answers. Nope. I just usually wear headphones. Let me know if you think of something.

I'm no Joey Gladstone. I cannot imitate anything or anyone. When I try to do one voice it comes out like another. Irish comes out as Scottish. George Bush comes out like George Carlin and Dr. Phil sounds like Dr. Laura.

State Farm had a great commercial on the other day. They compared insurance to kickers. You don't think about them until you need them.

Lastly, if you are a fan of The Office, stop by my virtual cubicle at http://www.dundermifflininfinity.com/bspeaks. If you decide to join look up the Middletown Ohio branch. That's where I'm at. What a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment