Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

In Christ Alone

Do you have "faith"? Are you a "religious" person? If yes, then what does that mean to you?

A person can follow certain religious rules. They can go to church, pray before meals and pick up prescriptions for the elderly. There are quite a few really good people out there. People who would help you change a flat tire, or would hold the door for you, or shovel your driveway without asking them.

To be honest, there are many people who are much nicer than I am. Thankfully for my sake my salvation is not decided by that.

God sent His Son Jesus as the PERFECT sacrifice. He died on a cross to atone for my sins. He took the punishment for my sins that I would have had to endure. He did this thousands of years before I even existed. Before I knew Him, He knew me. He knew my heart and He knew my flaws - and He died for me anyway.

If you are "religious" or have "faith" make sure that your religious deeds are done in the name of Jesus (otherwise they are as "filthy rags") and that your faith is only in Him - and not yourself.
Don't be confused by religions that teach that Jesus was just a "good teacher" or a "good man". If you attend a church that does not teach that Christ was God in the flesh, He died and was bodily resurrected...run.

Christianity as a religion is not enough to save you without the sacrifice that Jesus made. Besides, if Jesus was just a man and did not raise from the dead then He is not a "good teacher" or a "good man". He is crazy. How can you deny Christ's deity and bodily resurrection, but accept His other teachings?

I am a Christian by religious definition. I am devoted to Christ by choice. It is in Christ alone that I find my salvation, my hope, my courage, and my joy.

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death." Philippians 1:20

No comments:

Post a Comment