Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Miranda Goes Back to Work

If I had to guess which would be harder - me going back to work after a couple of weeks off with our new baby boy or seeing my wife go back to work after 12 weeks - I would have picked the prior.

I would have been very, very wrong.

Last night was very difficult for me. I was helping my wife get some pictures of the kids on a flash drive so she could have them in her digital photo frame.

All of the pictures were making me smile; then in turn they made me sad. Certain pictures in particular prompted this strange phenomena.

My daughter on the counter making strawberry milk with mommy.

The kids spending time with mommy.

Our son being adorable and smiling at his mommy.

I had to stop finding pictures for me because it made me sad. It is not as if I am worried about their care.

It is the fact that there will be moments that she will not get to experience. These moments - though they happen everyday - are so precious to us. With my wife at home I felt like I experienced those moments as an extension of myself.

I feel awful. I feel as if I should have done more so that she could stay home. I know that unless a day comes where she could stay home I will always be sad that she has to miss any moments with the two most wonderful children in the world.

I miss those moments everyday, but with my wife being home it made missing them a little easier to miss.

1 comment:

  1. I made it through day one...the photo frame was nice...but it's not like seeing them, hearing them, interacting with them and showing them how much I love them!

    ReplyDelete