Pages

Monday, March 02, 2009

Dr. Appointment, Training Continues, Care-free

3BT for 3/2/09

1. We have a doctor appointment today for Alex! He's almost here! We're getting so excited and (somewhat) prepared. We cannot wait to bring him home.. and I love that Miranda gets to be home for awhile. She's going to attempt to be off longer than she was with Maleah. I still will just be off two weeks, but I'll take it! :)

2. Maleah's potty training continues. All of the books say it... There's nothing that you can do to make a child "ready". They have to dictate the time, the way its done, etc. You just have to make things available to them. Maleah proved it this weekend. She was telling us when she had to go (in addition to the times we asked) and was doing it by herself. I know there will be setbacks, but she's done really well! Hard to tell what she'll teach herself next! :)

3. Not caring what you think about me. I don't mean that in a rude way... It is just a liberating feeling to know that there is only one person that controls my feelings, my mood, and my reaction to things... Me. Think what you want to think about me... say what you want to say. It won't bring me down. If it makes you happy... go ahead and do it... but that makes you a sad individual. :)

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet baby Alex, Potty training is an interesting time! Kaitlyn has been doing so well, she is not having any accidents during the day, and she is still dry when she wakes up in the mornings, now we are working on the "poop" thing, when she gets that down potty training will be complete!! I'm afraid it may still be a little while though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maleah was having none of the pooping. She actually got off the potty and after having a fresh diaper put on she said, "poop" and proceeded to un-fresh her diaper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/02/2009

    Hah, the poop thing is hilarious!....

    I totally agree with being care-free. Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete