Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Faking it

Smoke and mirrors. A fake smile. Pretending everything is ok.

We all do it. Time to stop.

I hate being a fake... a phony.... a poser. Why is it that I sit in church pretending to be some kind of Billy Graham-esque Christian while realizing that I'm not even sure where my Bible is at that moment?

In Sunday school it is so easy to give the standard answers... Trust Jesus, read your Bible, pray, tell others... What if we aren't? What if an entire church claims to be doing these things, but is too afraid to say that they're failing in every category. What then?

Be honest with yourself and others. There's no shame in saying that WE cannot do something on our own.

That would be the most refreshing thing that could happen in a church. Stop the pretending! Once we're truly honest with each other we can start to get right. We can hold each other accountable. We can BE THERE for one another.

I don't want to be a hypocrite anymore. I am flawed and claim no worth in myself beyond what God does through me.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/24/2008

    AMEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/27/2008

    STEP 1: Admit your Problem.
    STEP 2: Don't get Angry when No One Else is Willing to Admit They Have A Problem!!
    STEP 3: Don't Get Angry when No One Else Sees the Problem!!!
    STEP 4: Don't Be Angry when No One Likes You Cause As They See It "You're the One with THE Problem"!!!!
    STEP 5: When Step 4 Fails, Repeat STEP 1 :)

    LoL,
    Letha

    ReplyDelete