Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Date Night, True Praise, GW's Last Time

1. Dinner with my wife. It has been many months since the last time just Miranda and myself went out to dinner alone. Annie was nice enough to "hang out with" Maleah (because you don't really "watch" her - she's too much fun for that). We went to Bob Evans (the 3rd worst in Chillicothe - Western Ave.) and had a nice time. We spoke a lot about different things including politics. I love having a wife that I can discuss everything from religion to politics and we agree on almost everything. We need to go out for dinner like that more often.

2. I love worship. Praising God is something I often take for granted. There are many forms of worship, but my favorite is singing. I drove by myself up to work today and listened to my Hillsong's "Ultimate Worship" CD the whole way. There is a point that when you feel that true connection to Jesus when you're in the heart and mindset of worship. I reached that point on track 7, Better Than Life. The song is actually a fairly fast paced song, but its words ministered to my heart. The words "I can't stop falling in love with you" crashed down on my heart like a giant ocean wave on the beach. Each wave washed over me removing all of the worries and cares of the world and left behind a blanket of peace and an adoration of the God who delivered me from destruction. If you don't own this CD and you like Praise/Worship music... go get it!

3. The President's final State of the Union Address. I'll admit that I didn't even know about it until Miranda told me and that we didn't stay up to watch the whole thing. It is actually very odd. They remind me a little of a British Parliament meeting. Anyhow, I love GW and will be sad when a new President takes office. I know not everyone feels this way though. The more people that dislike him once he's out of office the more likely I'll be able to meet him one day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment