Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

Finding a new owner for the FC Craft Mall

Fundraising efforts for buying the old First Capital Craft Mall building have stalled so I have sought to find a good alternative for the building. What would be better than...a Cracker Barrel? Great location, atmosphere, and space. I emailed Cracker Barrel and they responded. Here are the two emails:

My email to Cracker Barrel:

I love Cracker Barrel Restaurants. Everyone I know around here does. It is time to bring Cracker Barrel to Chillicothe. Look at a map of your restaurants in Ohio. There is a large hole in Southern Ohio that would service surrounding counties with great service, great gifts, and great food.

I know you locate your restaurants off of major highways. The location I am suggesting to you is just a couple minutes off of the main highway; it can, however, be seen easily from this highway.

The building I am referring to was originally "The First Capital Craft Mall" and sat atop a hill for all to see. People would come from other counties - even other states - just to soak in the friendly atmosphere and to purchase nice gifts for themselves and for others. Sound like any national restaurant chain that you know of?

To see the pictures of this beautiful building, go to http://idx.promatchils.com/search.asp and type in MLS# 155424. Trust me, you would not be disappointed with this location.

I am not a realtor, nor am I making a profit off of this in any way. I am making a suggestion - one that would be beneficial to both your business and our city. Thank you for your time.
-------------------

Their response to my email:

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting us here at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. We appreciate you sharing your suggestion for a store location in your area.

We anticipate building 25 new stores per year for the next several years. Although we don't have immediate plans to build in your neck of the woods, I have forwarded your comments to our Real Estate Department for review and consideration.

We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Sincerely,

Sandra Vance
Guest Relations Representative
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.
---------

Time will tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment